Regulations protecting personal data and privacy have become a major compliance issue for companies operating in almost any jurisdiction. Significant differences in approach have arisen between countries and sometimes regions, for example between the European Union and the USA.
International companies must navigate what can be a patchwork of sometimes conflicting rules and requirements made even more complex by diverse business practices and cultures.
We advise and support international companies on their global data protection and privacy policies and compliance initiatives.
Our services include conducting multi-jurisdictional data protection and privacy projects covering:
- policy reviews and updates
- global policy harmonisation
- compliance manual preparation
- whistleblowing hotlines
- risk assessments and investigations
- compliance performance audits
- preparation and delivery of staff training programmes in person and on-line
- rolling update services
- ad hoc country advice