- Population: 29M
- GDP: USD 38 billion
- GDP per head: USD 1,697
- Unemployment (2017): 5.2%
- Average monthly income (2017): USD 418
- Government spending: 74% of GDP
- Personal income tax: 25%
- Corporation tax: 25%
- World corruption ranking 2016: 70 th Transparency International
- Ease of doing business ranking: 108th Business Freedom Index
- Labour law: ILO Conventions ratified
- Data Protection: Not recognised by EU as having adequate protection
There is no legal obligation to set up a Works Council but an employee has the right to join a Union.
Employees in more senior positions such as policy and decision making, managerial, holding a position of trust, performing duties that are of highly confidential nature or an agent of a shareholder of an undertaking, may not form or join trade unions.
The class of workers falling within a managerial role is determined by agreement between the employer and employees or their trade union.